Monday, July 7, 2014
Tuesday, July 1, 2014
Thursday, June 19, 2014
Saturday, May 24, 2014
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
Some times, the biggest obstacle we face in encouraging a patient to choose Peritoneal Dialysis as a renal replacement therapy is not the patient or family. Often it is the well meaning PCP who tells the patient "Oh, you don't want that. You'll get infections." Now, not all PCP's say this, but enough that we offer lectures several times a year to educate doctors in other specialties about PD. As the largest provider of PD services in South Florida for many years, we have an outstanding reputation for success with Peritoneal Dialysis and a Transplant rate MANY times the national average. How are they related? PD encourages the patient-in fact MANDATES-that the patient be a part of their own care. It empowers a patient. We encourage them to work, and engage in their activities as before. They keep their insurance, and feel energetic and are encouraged at every turn by our team who ASSISTS their efforts to receive a transplant every step of the way. We have our own Transplant Nephrologist who follows the patient from the pre-transplant state all the way through post transplant and beyond. The patient feels a vital member of this very real TEAM. It combats the isolation being on dialsysi brings with it.
Sunday, April 20, 2014
A great article from USA Today on how to track your blood pressure at home, and why it is so important to know what your blood pressure is at home during your daily activities and NOT just at the doctor's office. Your blood-pressure checks at the doctor's office may read normal, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're in the clear: Up to 20% of adults have "masked hypertension," according to some estimates. That's when blood pressure measurements are lower at the physician's office than they are at home. Experts aren't completely certain why it happens, but scientists have recently discovered that people with this form of hidden hypertension have a 55% increased risk for heart attack or stroke, compared with those with normal blood pressure, according to a research review. The same analysis found that home blood-pressure monitoring helps identify masked hypertension. Doctors may recommend home monitoring (in addition to regular check-ins at that office) for people diagnosed with high blood pressure, those with pre-hypertension, or even people who just have risk factors for the condition, including family history, advanced age or obesity. Left untreated, hypertension can damage your heart, arteries and kidneys and lead to stroke and vision loss, among other complications. Keep tabs on your pressure at home; that can help doctors make an earlier diagnosis, as well as track your treatment and encourage better blood-pressure control. Talk to your physician; if home blood-pressure monitoring is suggested for you, here are some tips to help you get started:
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
Causes of High Potassium High levels of potassium in blood cause a condition known as hyperkalemia. A kidney disorder is the major cause of...
LETTERS Kidney Warning (1 Letter) Published: August 13, 2012 To the Editor: Re “Transplant Centers Struggle With Donors’ Obesity” (Aug...
DR. GABRIEL VALLE CHOSEN TO EXCLUSIVE "BEST DOCTORS" PANEL OFFERING PATIENTS AROUND THE WORLD VIDEO ACCESS, ALONG WITH THEIR OWN DOCTORS, TO THE COUNTRY'S BEST IN THEIR FIELDS.THE KIDNEY GROUP'S DR. GABRIEL VALLE HAS BEEN CHOSEN AGAIN TO "BEST DOCTORS" WHICH IS A WORLD CLASS PANEL OF EXPERTS, CHOSEN B...
UCSF unveils model for implantable artificial kidney to replace dialysis UCSF researchers today unveiled a prototype model of the first i...
April is National Donate Life Month, and if you're thinking about donating a kidney, now would be the time to find out what it's all...
You can't have a healthy heart without healthy blood pressure, so see your doctor or health-care professional for a reading. An accurate...
Several patients have called, alarmed with news reports that patients with #kidney stones face a higher incidence of end stage renal disease...
There's a dangerous health problem on the rise in the United States, affecting more than 20 million adults—25 percent more than a decade...
The Kidney Group wishes Dr. Gabriel Valle's daughter, Genevieve, all the best in her bid to be UM Law School's next Student Bar Asso...
Even in a practice like the Kidney Group that does so many transplants, 4 in one week-and all at University of Miami, and all four Dr. Vall...
- "Kindest Cut" New Yorker 2009
- 10 TIPS FOR A HEALTHY BLOOD PRESSURE
- A Heartfelt Thank You
- AJKD ARTICLE ON HYPERTENSION IN DIALYSIS PATIENTS
- ALL ABOUT CKD
- All About Potassium
- An Inspiration to Patients Awaiting Transplant
- Barbara Kissane Valle
- Being on multiple transplant lists makes sense
- BEJAR IPMC MVP CANDIDATE
- Captain Ladino sent to Kosovo
- CARLOS BEJAR M.D. OF THE KIDNEY GROUP DISCUSSES PREVENTING DIABETIC KIDNEY DISEASE
- Charlie debuts at the Kidney Group
- Cheetos lip balm curbing cravings?
- Common High Potassium Foods
- Control your Blood Pressure Naturally
- Cranberry juice and UTI
- DANGERS OF VARIABLE BP
- David Kessler's book on" Junk Food Epidemic"
- DEATH OF DR. ROBERT GERONEMUS LEAVES VOID
- DEATH OF THOMAS HERRION RAISING QUESTIONS
- DEFINING HEMATURIA
- DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES TACKLES ESRD
- Determining Your Ideal Weight
- DIABETES MANAGEMENT IS KEY
- DIABETES MYTH #1
- Diabetes Tsunami
- Dialysis Catheters Increase Risk of Death
- dIALYSIS PATIENT STILL RACING HORSES
- DID CELEBRITY GET NATALIE COLE HER QUICK KIDNEY?
- DIET CAN LOWER YOUR RISK OF DIABETES
- DR OZ ON KIDNEY DISEASE
- Dr. Bejar's new puppy
- Dr. Carlos Bejar
- Dr. Gabriel Valle and Dr. Carlos Bejar named Best Kidney Doctors in Palm Beach County
- DR. GABRIEL VALLE CHOSEN "BEST DOCTOR" AGAIN FOR 2011.
- DR. GABRIEL VALLE DISCUSSES FUTURE HOPE IN CKD
- Dr. Gabriel Valle has first patient accepted into Paired Donor Program at UM
- DR. GABRIEL VALLE NAMED TOP NEPHROLOGIST BY BOCA LIFE MAGAZINE
- Dr. Jorge Ajuria is now a Fellow of the American Society of Nephrology
- Dr. Marco Ladino joins KidneyWorld Editorial Board
- ELEVATED BLOOD PRESSURE LEADING CAUSE OF EARLY DEATH
- EXPANDED DONOR CHOICES
- Expert Care
- FACE IT-WE'RE FAT
- FERNANDA'S OWNER HAS KIDNEY TRANSPLANT
- FIGURE OUT YOUR KIDNEY RISK
- Fort Lauderdale's Kidney Group leads state in # of kidney transplants
- FRIEND DONATES KIDNEY TO LOCAL WOMAN
- Genevieve Valle elected University of Miami Law School Vice President
- Genevieve Valle hopes to be University of Miami Law School Vice President
- GEORGE LOPEZ TRANSPLANT PART OF A GROWING TREND
- High Potassium
- HISTORY OF CANCER DOES N'T PRECLUDE TRANSPLANT
- HOME DIALYSIS OPTIONS
- How To Prevent Kidney Stones
- IMPC MVP
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON PHOSPHORUS
- INSIDER TIPS ON GETTING A KIDNEY TRANSPLANT
- Insiders Tips on Getting a Kidney Transplant
- Juliette Valle to star in PPTOPA's "Secret Garden"
- Juliette Valle wins role of 'Mary Lennox' in PPTOPA's musical production of "The Secret Garden" .
- KEEP YOUR KIDNEYS WORKING WELL
- Keep Your Potassium In The Normal Range With These Tips
- Kidney & Hypertension Group In Fort Lauderdale Voted Florida's Best Again
- Kidney and Hypertension Group has Florida's top Home Dialysis Program
- KIDNEY COSTS WILL CONTINUE TO SOAR
- KIDNEY DIVORCE WAR HEATS UP
- Kidney Docs Tell You 3 Easy Ways To PREVENT Kidney Stones
- Kidney Doctors Offer Same Dat Appointment
- KIDNEY GROUP DEBATES KIDNEY RATIONING
- KIDNEY GROUP KIDNEY-PANCREAS PATIENT WINS OLYMPIC GOLD
- KIDNEY GROUP PATIENT WINS GOLD AT TRANSPLANT OLYMPICS
- KIDNEY TRANSPLANT:THE KINDNESS OF STRANGERS
- Learn how to keep your kidneys healthy for life
- LETS TALK ABOUT A KIDNEY TRANSPLANT
- Lipid Management In Kidney Disease-New Guidelines
- LIVING WITH POLYCYSTIC KIDNEY DISEASE IN 2008
- LOOKING OUT FOR KIDNEY PATIENTS IN THE PANDEMIC THREAT
- Love is good for you
- LOWER YOUR BLOOD PRESSSURE WITHOUT DRUGS
- MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK IN GETTING A TRANSPLANT
- Marco Ladino of The Kidney Group in Fort Lauderdale wins award from Florida Society of Nephrology
- Minimize Your Radiation Exposure During Pre Transplant Workup
- More Kidney Transplant Success Stories at The Kidney and Hypertension Group of South Florida
- NEPHROLOGIST GIVES KIDNEY TO WIFE
- Never mind your sign..what's your BUN?
- NO CLENCHED FISTS
- NOBODY KEEPS BABY IN A CHAIR
- Number 1 of the 6 Phases of Successful Weight Loss
- Our first kidney transplant of 2012
- PATIENTS CAN PREVENT MED ERRORS
- Peritoneal Dialysi patient loses 90 lbs in 6 weeks
- PERITONEAL DIALYSIS MAKES SENSE FOR MANY KIDNEY FAILURE PATIENTS
- Plans for Artificial Kidney Unveiled
- PPTOPA "Secret Garden" and Juliette Valle a hit
- PREDICTING ODDS OF TRANSPLANT SUCCESS
- PREGNANCY IN CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE-A REVIEW
- Preserving Residual Renal Function In Dialysis Patients
- PREVENTING DIABETES
- PREVENTING FALSELY ELEVATED POTASSIUM LEVELS
- Prevention Of Kidney Disease Through Drinking More Water-A Study
- Professor Gabriel Valle Greets His Students
- Quality in Dialysis
- reachs pre-transplant weight goal
- RESTLESS LEGS SYNDROME
- SHALL WE ?
- SODIUM BICARB UPDATE FROM JASN
- STOP HYPERTENSION BEFORE IT STOPS YOU
- Stop today and think about your kidneys
- Taking A Correct Home Blood Pressure Reading
- THE FIRST TRANSPLANT-A BRAVE TWIN BROTHER DONATES
- The Health Ranger speaks out on Vitamin D
- The Kidney And Hypertension Group Now Offers Same Day Appointments For Urgent Care
- The Kidney Group Again Named Best Nephrologists in Broward County
- THE KIDNEY GROUP OF SOUTH FLORIDAS DOCTORS ALL CHOSEN AS TOP PHYSICIANS
- The Kidney Group-Florida's Top Nephrology Practice plans a 3rd office in Coconut Creek
- The Secret Revealed
- THE SQUEAKY WHEEL GETS THE TRANSPLANT
- Thoughts on RPA 2011
- TOOLS TO HELP YOU REACH YOUR GOALS
- Top Kidney Doctors Come To Coconut Creek - Parkland
- Treatment of Resistant Hypertension in South Florida
- Understanding the Stages of Chronic Kidney Disease
- UNTIL WE CONTROL DIABETES
- Update on Mary's kidney.
- Vanessa Williams and Diabetes
- VITAMIN D: KEY TO LONGEVITY?
- Weight Loss Surgery in Pre-Transplant Patients
- What a week-4 of Dr. Gabriel Valle's patients get kidney transplants at UM in one week
- What causes blood in the urine?
- WHAT CAUSES HIGH POTASSIUM?
- What dialysis method woudl your doctor choose for himself?
- WHAT IS CKD?
- WHAT IS PROTEINURIA?
- What PCP's Need To Understand About Peritoneal Dialysis
- WHO GETS THE GOOD KIDNEY?
- will present her abstract of Gastric Bypass Surgery in Peritoneal Dialysis Patients in San Antonio at The Annual Dialysis Conference
- World Kidney Day-Promoting Better Kidneys
- WORLD'S FIRST ORGAN DONOR DIES AT 79
- YOU CAN PREVENT DIABETIC KIDNEY DAMAGE
- You Need a PD Catheter or AV Fistula
- YOUR BODY KNOWS ITS PERFECT WEIGHT. LISTEN TO IT.
- YOUR KIDNEYS AND ANTIBIOTICS